Monday, July 20, 2020

Masking Stencils with Create A Smile Stamps!

Hello and welcome! I have this fun card to share with you today featuring stamps and stencils from Create A Smile Stamps.


I started by choosing the size of circle I wanted on the Basic Circles Stencil. With ink, a blending brush and a light hand, I added the colour. This layer needs to be a bit lighter. With the circle stencil still in place, I laid the Heart Rays Stencil over top and tried to centre the hearts the best I could. I used the same ink colour and a heavier hand when applying the ink. This creates a lovely two toned effect.


The cute little elf is actually from the Christmas set called Clumsy Santa. I did a bit of altering to the facial expression by fluffing up the eyebrows and adding a couple of eyelashes. By colouring the image using the same colour palette as the background, it doesn't look like a Christmas image at all!

To ground the elf, I used one of the Scalloped Rectangles Dies and trimmed off the top. The sentiment comes from the A Little Treat Stamp Set

I added a few white gel pen details to finish the panel off. I created a white card base to match the size of the panel. I inked the edges of the card base with the same blue ink I used before and adhered the stencilled panel on top.

And that's it! Thanks for joining me today! See you soon.

Laurie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...