Friday, August 7, 2020

Shake Up Summer Blog Hop (Scrap N Stamp Canada)!!!!

Welcome to the "Shake Up Summer" Blog Hop hosted by Scrap N Stamp Canada! Just like the theme implies, we've made shaker cards for you


We are featuring cute little shaker card kits from Tonic Studios that make life just a bit easier when you're making these. Although, I was a teeny bit confused so watching a YouTube video helps!!



For my card today, I've used the Coffee Mug Shaker Set. These sets include 2 dies and 5 refill pouches! I opted to use vellum instead of the shaker pouch. I wanted a softer, flatter version of a shaker. But the upside of the clear, plastic pouches is they can hold a ton of shaker bits!


I inked the back side of the vellum with a brown ink to look like coffee and added some gold sequins. It's very subtle but still gives that fun shaker sound.

The sentiment, heart and steam come from the Thanks A Latte set from Lawn Fawn...I love that sentiment!



I added a few doodles around the edges and popped the panel onto a kraft card base. Honestly, I don't make interactive cards but throwing together a shaker card every now and then is fun!

Thanks for hopping along with us, you can find the full hop list below as well as GIVEAWAY and SALE details!!

BLOG HOP LINEUP:

Laurie(that's me)


GIVEAWAY:

Scrap N Stamp is giving away a gift package to THREE lucky commenters! Just leave a comment on each stop of the hop. It's that easy!

SALE:

All Tonic Brand is 20% off until August 9th, 2020!! This includes all Nuvo items as well!






20 comments:

  1. Loving how this card turned out! Especially the ink behind the vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you inked the back of the vellum, for the perfect coffee effect! Awesome card, Laurie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great card Laurie, love the doodles you did too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the doodles and also the lawn Fawn sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coffee and shakers! MY FAV! I love the pink cup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ink on the vellum for the coffee is such a great idea! I really like your card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your style Laurie!!!I love card making as much as coffee.... but don’t ask me to prove it...especially in the morning! I am taken with the pink pop and the extra doodles !! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is so cute! I think your doodles give it the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love this Coffee Mug! Very fun shaker card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE this card Laurie! Your doodles around the edges finish it off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute card! At a quick glance your sequins almost look like coffee beans. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome card Laurie. I love how you put the colour on the back side of the vellum. Another set I may have to order!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh love this! Great idea using the vellum but then to ink up the inside was clever!! Super cute shaker card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am loving these dies and pockets - love your card :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This shaker looks
    neat with the inked
    vellum.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cool shaker card you created for this coffee cup...neat trick with the vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like the effect of using vellum and adding colour to it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cute. Love the heart on the mug and the steam coming off of the coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this coffee shaker set and love your pink mug with the adorable little heart!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...