Thursday, March 23, 2017

Hello with Right At Home Stamps

Hi all!! I'm back with a card made with products from Right at Home.  I'm enjoying my gig as a guest designer SO MUCH!!  Have you seen Nicole's latest release?? It will knock your socks off!! It's a combination of cute, classy and inspirational.

For today's card, I used the previously released Cloud Background Stamp.  I used my Misti because I wanted to get an ombre look to the clouds.  Starting with Lake shores Ink from Simon Says Stamp, I inked the entire background. I then used Soft Pool Ink from Hero Arts and inked halfway up each cloud and finally Pool Ink, also from Hero Arts, to ink up only the bottom portion of the clouds.  I should mention that these were done in separate steps, not all at once.


I used the largest rectangle die from the Find the Beauty Die Set to cut down my panel.  I lightly inked the edges with the Lake Shores Ink.  My plan was to do some inlaid die cutting so I got the heart die from the Folded Sweetheart Die Set and the brand new hello die from the Script Greeting Die Set.  I played around with the layout before committing!!


I first cut the scripty part of the sentiment directly from the panel. Next, came the heart.  I thought I was done there but decided to used the outline part of the sentiment as well, which I cut from the panel.

For dimension, I used White Fun Foam.  I cut the heart and the outline portion of the hello die.  After adhering my panel to a white cardbase, my layers went like this:  fun foam heart with cardstock cut out, fun foam hello outline with cardstock cut out, then the scripty portion of the hello into the negative space on the outline die...does that make any sense at all???  Here's a close up to help!!


The different layers add so much dimension and help the sentiment pop!!  To make the hello stand out a bit more, I added some Sakura Stardust Clear Sparkle Pen.  And for embellishments, I used some Clear Heart Drops and Clear Round Drops both from Studio Katia.



I just love how this card came out! I hope you do, too!!  Thank you so much for stopping by today!  Have a great day!!

Laurie





1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...