Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Create A Smile Challenge...Friendship!!

Hello and welcome back to another Create A Smile Stamps Challenge!!  This one is an easy one.  It's all about friendship. Friendship cards are a favourite of mine to make because you can use so many different styles of stamps. Critters, florals, graphic...anything goes!

For my card today, I combined an older CAS set along with a new release set.  I heat embossed one of the leaf images from the new Fine Ferns Stamp Set.  I used Silver Pearl embossing powder for this.  This is one of my most loved embossing powder!  Because I used watercolour paper, the images are a light shimmery colour without being stark white.


I used my Misti for the stamping as it's super easy to create a mirror image.  To colour, I chose 3 different greens from my set of Tombow Dual Brush Pens.  I swiped some colour inside each leaf and blended it out with water.


For the sentiment, I used the Alphabet Sticker Set in the colour of Deep Sea.  This was my first time using these stickers and I love them!!  I stuck them onto a piece of the same watercolour paper cut with a Cool Cuts Scalloped Rectangle Die.


The small "wonderful" word comes from the All About You Stamp Set. The stamp actually says "are wonderful", but I masked off the "are" before stamping.


I added some glitter and Nuvo Crystal Glaze to the letter stickers, adhered that panel with foam adhesive and added a few clear sequins.  The entire panel was glued onto a white card base.

I hope you enjoyed my project for today and I encourage you to play along!!  Create A Smile Stamps has wonderful products you are sure to love!!

All the details are on the Challenge Blog but here is what you're playing for:

Thank you for stopping by today!!  See you soon!!

Laurie








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...