Friday, June 7, 2019

Stamp Out Cancer Blog Hop with Scrap N Stamp!

Hello and welcome back to another blog hop for Scrap N' Stamp Canada. This months theme rings close to home for a fellow design team member, Nancy.


She went to see her doctor regarding low iron levels which everyone thought was anemia. After convincing the doctor to really listen to her and her concerns, some more tests were performed and the diagnosis was made...colon cancer.  Nancy endured surgery and chemo treatments and is now cancer free!  She wants to share her story in the hopes that we take our health seriously. Ask the embarrassing questions, don't be dismissed by doctors who are "too busy". Just Speak Up!!!

Nancy takes part in a walk called "Push for the Tush" for Colon Cancer Canada. It raises awareness and funds for this disease. Scrap N Stamp is generously donating 10% of sales on June 8th and 9th towards this particular cause! So, thank you in advance for any and all purchases!!

For my project, I created a "thinking of you" card.  Because sometimes it's hard to find the words..


I've been a tad bit obsessed with Taylored Expressions lately and thought that this Big Butterfly Stamp would work perfectly for this card! This is a large, red rubber cling stamp that is simply beautiful! I stamped the image onto watercolour paper with Versamark Ink and embossed it in silver.  For the colouring, I used Nuvo Aqua Flow Pens along with a Clear Nuvo Shimmer Pen to blend it out. I love this glittery look!!


I fussy cut around the image which was very easy to do.  I used the Leafy Vine Embossing Folder (also from TE) on the front of a white card base. This particular embossing folder is not in stock but the Floral Vine folder would work just as well!

For the sentiment, I used the Wavy Sayings Stamp Set from Lawn Fawn along with the Simple Wavy Banners Dies.  I used foam adhesive to adhere the butterfly to the card base as well as on the sentiment banner.


Because this card wasn't glittery enough (haha), I added some sparkle to the dotted areas on the background using a Sakura Stardust pen in Silver.


And that's it for me!! Hope you found some inspiration here today!  Here is the entire blog hop list! Enjoy!!



Laurie

Thank you for hopping along with us and supporting cancer research!!

Laurie

10 comments:

  1. OMGosh - what a gorgeous butterfly, Laurie! Your colouring is amazing - and I love the colours you chose. The embossed background is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Laurie! Amazing how you were able to catch the shimmer in that picture

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the butterfly! Thank you for helping me share my story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, your colouring is absolutely stunning and resulted in a beautiful card, love all the texture and detail

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning butterfly! I am so happy to be a part of this hop with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Laurie, this is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...