Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Inspire Me Wednesday with My Creative Time

Good morning and Happy Wednesday!  I'm here to hopefully give you some mid-week inspiration!

A great place for crafty inspiration is Pinterest. It's my go to place when I need a little kickstart:)  I was in the mood for florals today so that's what I searched for. And this showed up...


These are beautiful notebooks with looks like gold embossed letters.  Aren't they gorgeous on the coloured backgrounds?!  I love them all but was especially drawn towards the middle one.  

I started by die cutting a whole bunch of the flowers from the Stitched Pretty Flower and Leaves Die Set  out of some Mixed Media Paper. I was exactly sure what I was going to use on my card so I cut a couple of each!


To add colour to the die cuts, I chose to use Distress Oxide Inks. They blend so beautifully on the Mixed Media paper.  


I created a custom sentiment by using the Lowercase Fun Dies. I wanted to mimic the gold lettering on the notebooks so I swiped some Versamark Ink onto a piece of white cardstock and covered it with gold embossing powder. This created gold, shiny cardstock!



I thought at first I'd use a blue card base and adhere the sentiment and florals directly to it. I decided that I "needed" a bit of white on my project, so I ended up cutting a blue cardstock panel with the largest of the XOXO Border Dies and adhering that to a white card base.  To put the card together, I started by adhering the "hello" onto the blue panel.


Once that was on, it was just a matter of arranging the flowers.  I used a combination of liquid and foam adhesive to place the flowers.


As an after thought I decided to add a little gold heart that was die cut out of the same gold paper I created.


Although it's hard to see in the photos, I added a bit of sparkle with a Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen.

I hope I gave you a little inspiration today!! Thank you so much for stopping by today. 

Enjoy the rest of your week!!!!

Until next time...

Laurie









7 comments:

  1. Oh My Goodness What a Gorgeous Card. Your Inking Technique sure made for Beautiful flowers! Love the colors! Love too your Technique for your Sentiment that gold is so pretty!! You so did a Super Outstanding Creative job as you Spread your Craftabulous Inspiration using Miss Emma's awesome goodies. YOU so ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I LOVE what you created! That gold really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to make your own gold paper...I love how it looks on your card. Beautiful job.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card and looks pretty easy once all the flowers are cut. Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out so beautifully. The gold sentiment really makes it, with the soft colours in the background. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...