Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Tag It Tuesday with My Creative Time!

Hello crafty friends and welcome back!!  Today I'm sharing a tag made using some fabulous products from My Creative Time.

This winter is feeling very long, we've had the coldest February in quite a few years!  I'm ready for it to just be over!!  To help out with my winter blues, I decided to use bright, cheerful colours for my project today.

I started by die cutting two pieces of pink cardstock with the largest tag from the brand new Chunky Stitched Tag Dies..love these! I apologize in advance if you see a lot of projects with these.  I cut two because the cardstock I used is quite flimsy so adhering them together gave a lot of stability.  I cut the second largest tag, which is also a stitched tag, out of white cardstock and layered them together with foam adhesive.


Because these dies do not have the ribbon hole in them, I was able to punch two holes at the top and make a flat knot. This is easy. Simply feed each end of the ribbon into the two holes on the FRONT of the tag and come up back through to the front!

I stamped one of the beautiful flowers from the Just Because Stamp and Die Set with Versamark Ink onto some Mixed Media paper.  I heat embossed with Silver embossing powder.  I used one shade of purple and green of my Tombow Dual Brush Pens to do some super simple watercolour.


For the sentiment, I chose the Big Hello Die and cut it four times out of grey cardstock.  I adhered both the flower and the sentiment with liquid glue. After looking at this tag for a couple of minutes, I decided it needed just a little something more.

I die cut one of the sweet butterflies from the Mini Butterfly Dies out of the same Mixed Media paper and used the same purple and a pink colour to make it pretty.


And of course a little sparkle was in order so I used my Spectrum Noir Clear Overlay pen on the big Hello and the butterfly.  Because the Tombow markers are reactive to water/liquid, they reacted in a very cool way on the butterfly. Almost looks tie dyed!!


Isn't that sparkle fabulous?!

Thank you so much for stopping by today! I had so much fun making this sweet, happy tag. I hope you enjoyed and got to pick up a few goodies from the shop as well :)

Until next time...stay crafty!!

Laurie






7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tag, love your bow on top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to say I love your watercoloring with the tombows! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG What a Gorgeous Tag!! You so did a Super Outstanding Stamping & Coloring job to achieve the Beautiful look of your flowers!! Love all the Clever & Creative ways you've used Miss Emma's Goodies!! Your Tag is Spectacular. YOU so ROCK!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sparkle and flat bow...beautiful job coloring the flower also. I am so ready for spring too...this winter has been too long and cold.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully done Laurie! I'm done with the winter too and I know we don't get it anywhere near as bad as you.... xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...