Saturday, March 24, 2018

Best Sister Ever Card with Studio Katia!

Hi everyone!!  I'm super excited to be a guest on SK blog today!! The theme is feminine or Mother's Day cards.  This was the perfect theme for me as I needed a card for my sister!  My sister is truly my best friend and has helped me out tremendously lately so I wanted to make a card to thank her for everything.

The perfect set for this card is the Best Ever stamp set and matching dies. This set will let almost anyone know that they are "The Best Ever".  To give it a feminine flare, I used the Floral Trimmings which is absolutely gorgeous.

I started by embossing the florals with some Silver Pearl Embossing powder onto some Mixed Media paper. I choose several colours of Distress Inks to colour the flowers.



I stamped twice but only ended up using one.  Here's how the colouring turned out...


I fussy cut around the entire image because at this point I wasn't 100% sure of what I wanted to do :)  

I cut down some white cardstock with the largest die from the Dotted Patterns Set 1 Die Set for a mat on my blue card base. I used the same die to cut around the floral image.  This gave me one larger floral piece along with a skinny piece.

For the sentiment, I die cut the "best" and "ever" scripty dies out of white cardstock and layered them onto the same colour of cardstock of the card base. I adhered the larger floral piece onto the bottom of the white panel and the skinny piece to the top with foam adhesive.


I also foam mounted the word dies and stamped "sister" directly onto the white panel.  I finished the card of with a generous helping of the Sparkling Crystals Mix.

I already gave this card to my sis and she loved it!!


Thank you so much to Studio Katia for having me as a guest today and thank you for stopping by!!

Stay crafty, my friends!!

Laurie






1 comment:

  1. This is just beautiful! Your colouring is your usual beautiful pastels and I love that you chopped the image and used one bit at the top and one at the bottom. Sure your sister loved it. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...