Friday, March 23, 2018

Interactive Flower Pot Pocket Card with Craftin Desert Divas

Hello friends!! Today I have a tutorial on how to make A Flower Pot Pocket Card using stamps and dies from Craftin Desert Divas!! This folded card style has been around for awhile but I thought I'd revisit it with you today!

This is actually a simple card to make. Just a couple of folds and a little bit of trimming. Let's get started!!

First, to make the "flower pot", you will need a piece of cardstock that measures 9" X 3.5".  You will score this at 2" and 5.5". Fold this so the small portion is folded forward and the larger portion is folded towards the back, just like this:



To make it look more like a pot instead of a square, keeping the card together, line the top of the card up with the cutting track on your paper trimmer and the lower corner at the .5" inch mark and cut.



This creates angles and makes it look much more like a flower pot. Note: I did not trim the small flap.


Now, this is where you will want to decorate the front flap. You can use a border punch or die, decorative scissors or in my case, the scalloped die from the Pocket Pieces Hello Die Set. I did have to do some partial die cutting to prevent cutting the whole die.


You can see here that the cutting plate is not entirely covering the die which results in this..


Now this is where it gets super fun!! I die cut a whole bunch of flowers and leaves with the "extra dies" that are included in the Inside Scalloped Circle Dies. This die set is worth EVERY penny!!  I used Strathmore Mixed Media Paper to cut all the dies. I used about 4 colours of Distress Inks to easily colour them.


For the inner panel, you will have one piece of cardstock that measures 4.5" X 2.5". This piece will be a mat. To layer on that, I cut a piece of white cardstock using the smallest scalloped rectangle from the Fancy Frames Die Set. To make this fit perfectly onto the mat piece, I simply had trim a tiny piece off each side.


Next, I added a little pizazz to the "pot" but adding some patterned paper from the Kraft in Colour Paper Pad.  I didn't really measure this piece. I just placed enough over the base, under the flap and trimmed it to size with my scissors.


Next, it's time to arrange all the flowers.  I started by adhering most of the greenery using tape adhesive.  Note: the greenery and florals are adhered to the insert!!


As you can see, it looks a little sparse. So I die cut and coloured more leaves and flowers. I also adhered some directly to the front flap making sure not glue those pieces to the insert.

For the sentiment, I die cut the small scalloped oval from the Fancy Stitched Labels Die Set out of white cardstock and stamped a sentiment from the Garden Bugs Stamp Set. I thought it went perfectly with this card.


I adhered the sentiment with foam adhesive.  For the inside of the card, I used the "Happy Birthday" from the Summer Vibin' Stamp Set as well as some cute flowers from the Garden Bugs set.


For a bit of fancy detail, I added some white ribbon around the top of the card. Note: the ribbon will keep this card closed or you can add a WEE bit of glue to the very edges of the card, or in this case, pot :)


How fun would it be to receive this?!


Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you got some inspiration and will try out this card or any other of the interactive cards you will see on the blog this week!!



Here's a list of all CDD products I used:





























No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...