Thursday, August 30, 2018

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #207

Welcome back!! It's time for another challenge on the CAS-Fridays Challenge Blog!!  The theme for the next two weeks is...


Mint and Neutral!!  Oh, what fun!  I love the colour mint, every shade of it, so this was an easy and fun challenge for me!

I went for a very clean and simple look and choose Ivory as my neutral colour.  I created a dimensional background by cutting the gorgeous Casual Trees Fri-Dies multiple times out of ivory cardstock and adhering them directly to a 4 bar ivory card base (3.5 X 5 inch). This gives a very elegant look.


I die cut the Friend Fri-Dies from white cardstock and used Catherine Pooler inks in the colours, Mint To Be and Seafoam.  These inks are awesome and I highly recommend trying them!! I added Versamark Ink over the die cut and heat embossed it in clear. I did this twice to give a nice, raised, shiny look!


I adhered the word die onto a scalloped oval die from MFT to make it pop a little from the background. The tiny hearts come from the Fun-fetti Fri-Dies and were treated the same as the friend die.


I usually leave the inside of my cards blank. Especially if it's a generic friendship card.  You can customize it later for any occasion!!

Link up your project on the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge Blog. Ten (10) winning entries will be featured on the blog the Thursday before a new challenge starts. The overall winner will receive a $25 gift certificate for the CAS-Fridays shop! But if that winner featured CAS-Fridays products, the prize amount will double!! Remember, you are not required to use CAS-Friday products :)



Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you'll join the challenge! Have fun creating and good luck!

Laurie
     

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...