Wednesday, August 29, 2018

MCT--Whatever Wednesday

Hello friends and welcome to "Whatever Wednesday" for My Creative Time!!  My card today features three of my all time favourite (so far) products from MCT.  And also a bit of no line watercolouring (eeek!).  This is something that is a little stressful for me to do but practice makes confidence right?

My first favourite stamp and die set is Just Because.  This set has some beautiful, outline floral images. These are perfect for any colouring medium but like I said, I chose the no-line watercolour!  I stamped one of the flowers with Antique Linen Distress Ink.  I double stamped it but I think I could have gotten away with just once as it was maybe a bit too dark. I should mention that I used Strathmore Mixed Media paper!!


I decided to use my Tombow Dual Brush Markers for the colouring.  I feel like I have much more control using these than your traditional watercolour pans.  


I use a combination of marker direct to paper and picking up colour off a slick surface.  Although, there is definite room for improvement, I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.  When the colouring was done and dry, I used my second favourite product which is the XOXO Border Dies Set to cut around the flower and make a pretty panel.



My original plan was to heat emboss a sentiment directly over the flower.  But to be safe, I decided to stamp and die cut it first!  I didn't want to regret anything after I spent time watercolouring!!  The sentiment comes from my third favourite product, the Fun Notes Stamp and Die Set. This set is so awesome. I stamped the word "note" in Versamark and used Pale Rich Gold Embossing powder from WOW.  I used the co-ordinating die to cut it out.


I really liked the look of the die cut word so I just went with it.  I used the die again to cut a piece of craft foam so some dimension could be added.


The panel was adhered directly to the card base with tape runner adhesive.  The size of this card is 
5 X 3.5 inches.


I added a tiny gold, heat embossed heart which comes from the Hey There Cute-Tea Stamp and Die Set.  Before adhering the die cut "note", I stamped "just a"  in an ink that closely matches the grey card base.


I added just a touch of shimmer to the outer edges of the petals to try give them a bit more of a highlight.  


Thank you so much for stopping by today!!  

Until next time...stay crafty!

Laurie









4 comments:

  1. OMG Miss Laurie...What a Gorgeous Card. Your Flower is so Beautiful...WOW...Impeccable coloring job!! Loving your embossed xoxo border...Love all the creative way you've used Miss Emma's goodies. You so did a Super Outstanding Creative job!! YOU so ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! Love your water coloring!
    Have a great day!
    Marilyn❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your water color turned out beautiful and I love the large die cut sentiment...nice card design!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why on earth are you so scared of no line water colouring when it turns out like that??? It's amazing!!!!! Feel the fear and do it more often please! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...